Wednesday, July 21, 2010

the heart of business networking

In my last post, I mentioned that I was participating in a Haitian earthquake relief fundraiser organized by my brother, Steven Herz, and his team at New York’s If Management.

On only 48 hours notice, over 200 people attended the event last night and raised more than $3,500 for relief work being done through the nonprofit Esperanza International Foundation. NBC News correspondent Jenna Wolfe spoke poignantly about her experiences covering the disaster. She left us with a deep impression that the images we see every day can’t possibly capture the real human toll and devastation in Haiti.

The evening’s tremendous success is a tribute to the generosity of many. It also evidences the importance and power of building and nurturing a vibrant business network. My brother has always been a skilled networker. But, much more than that, he’s always channeled this talent to benefit and uplift others.

No comments:

Post a Comment